The PVHA Wedding Exhibit featured bridal gowns worn by Pajaro Valley residents through the years.
Bride's dress worn by Sydney Pampilon in 1968. Donor: Sydney Jackson. Groom's tuxedo worn by Richard Kessell. Donor: Doris Kessell.
1890's Ball Gown: Ivory silk two piece dress with ecru lace trim. "Leg o'mutton" style sleeves. Donor: Joanne Baade
Bride's dress - bride unknown. Donor: Jim Negus. West Point Cadet Uniform worn by Windsor Shane Buzza, class of 1988. Donor: Shirley Spain.
Our collection consists of dresses, hats, uniforms and children’s clothing dating from the 1800’s.
1896 Velvet two piece dress with fitted bodice, mandarin collar and silk braid on the skirt. The dress was made in Denmark for Mrs. P.H. Schmidt. She was born in 1852 in Denmark and died in 1920 in Watsonville. Mrs. Schmidt, along with her husband, established Schmidt's dry goods store in Freedom. Donor: Helen Bowen