The Marinovich Building, constructed in 1899, graced the Peck Street / Union Street corner of the downtown square for many years, providing a human-scale presence that charmed with its bowed bay windows and architectural scrollwork. Sadly, the building was demolished in 1981, in spite of a lengthy legal battle fought by numerous organizations, including the PVHA. The large sign that graced the top of the building was acquired by Bill Marinovich, who had it installed at his property on Calabasas Road.

The building’s story has another happy ending note, however, as that sign was recently donated to PVHA by Annie Allen (nee Marinovich), and delivered by workers from the Don Chapin Company. At least we are now able to provide the building’s sign with a continued existence!